Monday, September 27, 2010

What is Success?

We would all differ in opinion since this is a subjective… well, subject. I don’t think there is a right or wrong as to how we define success. No black and white but certain shades of gray; shades that could look different to each and every one of us. One person might consider someone very successful yet another person might completely disagree. It all boils down to how we define success.

But what do most people equate with success?

Most people would tend to equate success with money; the more money you have, the more successful you are. I agree and disagree. Confusing? I will try to explain. For example, a person who makes money out of child labor, out of war, out of dealing weapons, etc. Would you think that person successful? I wouldn’t. That person might have made enough money to last him several lifetimes but what kind of impact did he make? Was it a good one? How many lives were stepped on for him to make his fortune? I do not equate destroying lives with success. Having a negative impact on society is not success. Stepping on other people’s rights is not success.

On the other hand there are people who become extremely rich doing what they love and at the same time having a positive impact on society as a whole. I would like to state J.K Rowling as an example. She is what I consider a modern hero and my personal favorite. She gave the current generation the love of reading. She’s the woman who started… restarted the trend. I started to love reading and writing after reading her books. In my honest opinion, I think she now sits next to Tolkien’s throne but that is another article all on its own. J.K Rowling put all her love, all her passion in her books, endearing her to the world and making her one of the richest in it. She is a woman who has put a dent in the universe. Now, that is my definition of success.

By Chase Alexander Nathaniel Vega, englisharticles.info

JOB, JOBS, EMPLOYMENT

lowongan kerja Accounting, lowongan kerja Admin & HR, lowongan kerja Banking & Finance, lowongan kerja Beauty care & Health, lowongan kerja Building & Construction, lowongan kerja Design, lowongan kerja IT, lowongan kerja Engineering, lowongan kerja Insurance, lowongan kerja Telco

No comments:

Post a Comment