Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Life Coaching As the Pathway to Change

By Tambre Leighn

Two things changed my life forever...salsa dancing and coaching.

As a lifelong athlete, I began working with coaches at a very young age. In my early 30's, I had my first experience with coaching outside of sports when I hired a career coach. My goal was to break into the executive ranks at the film studios in Hollywood. I was doing a great job at getting interviews on cold calls but I was not getting the job offers. After only three sessions with my career coach, I got the offer at the first interview I did. It would take the loss of my husband and the destruction of my life as I knew it before I would find my way back to working with a coach again.

I have finally created a life I love again and I know from my own experience that coaching works. Take a moment and think of one thing you are currently struggling with. How would your life be different if this struggle was resolved? How much more energy might you have for other parts of your life? Imagine the possibilities!

The first step is to assess what's working and what isn't. Make a list of the key areas in your life and rate your level of satisfaction on a scale of one to ten with ten being the most satisfied. This gives you a quick photo snapshot of where you may first want to choose to do some work.

The next step is to envision how you want that aspect of your life to look three months from now. From there, break it down into steps. To achieve that goal three months from now, what must you have accomplished two months from now? One month? Two weeks? This week? Backing into your plan for now is the most effective way to create a plan for real change.

Change takes time and effort. Sometimes it takes getting support from others. In the film, Pay It Forward, Haley Joel Osmond's character says,

I guess it's hard for people who are so used to things they way are - even if they're bad - to change. 'Cause they kind of give up. And when they do, everybody kind of loses.

Find a coaching buddy you can work with or consider investing in yourself and your future and hire a coach. Having support will help you to move past any fears or blocks around change ~ no giving up ~ no one loses.

JOB, JOBS, EMPLOYMENT

lowongan kerja Accounting, lowongan kerja Admin & HR, lowongan kerja Banking & Finance, lowongan kerja Beauty care & Health, lowongan kerja Building & Construction, lowongan kerja Design, lowongan kerja IT, lowongan kerja Engineering, lowongan kerja Insurance, lowongan kerja Telco

No comments:

Post a Comment